December 23, 2008
some thoughts after finishing Eclipse and continuing to Breaking Dawn;
(I know it’s late)
1. I truly believe that Stephenie Meyer’s writing techniques cannot be compared to those of Arundhati Roy, Emily Bronthe, etc. Her work plays with the underlining theme of gothicism, mixing it with references to natural elements which gives it a romantic touch. Although the sentences she wrote might not be stringed together in some sort of sonata of a melodic harmony of words; it is easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to grasp.
2. I once believed that Edward Cullen was overrated. I had once took a liking to the character of Jacob Black, but coming to the end of book 3, he began to irritate me. Although, I still would think a Jacob Black would be more of my type than Mr. Heart of Stone (atleast, physically because I wouldn’t want to freeze to death, haha)
3. If I were Isabella Swan, would I really choose to be a vampire? Come to think of it, she really had no choice huh? If she were to stay human, the Volturi would get to her anyway.. but her decision was made based on love. I think I’d stick to being human, but I really wouldn’t know, I’ve never fallen in love with a vampire before.
4. If I were Bella, wouldn’t you be a tad freaked out? I mean you have this pale dude watching you while you sleep.. isn’t that kind of freaky?
5. Lastly, I thank Stephenie Meyer (and the Internet) for giving me something to do during office-hours. God knows what I might be doing if I don’t have the Twilight series to read (in pdf form because I’m a lazy cheapass who didn’t want to pay another rp.160.000 for each book) when I’m in the office.